SmartBee Technology, Inc, (“SmartBee,” “We” or “Us”) is the owner of the SmartBee website www.smartbeecontrollers.com (the “Site”), the SmartBee Launcher App (the “App”), and the SmartBee software and hardware products (the “SmartBee Products”). The Site, App and SmartBee Products (collectively, the “Service”) allow you (a single natural or legal person, hereinafter referred to as “You”) to monitor events in an indoor garden, control certain environmental variables associated with a garden, access gardening and product information, order SmartBee Products, communicate with SmartBee, and connect with other gardeners. SmartBee respects the privacy of everyone who uses this Service.
- What Information We Collect About You
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share the Information We Collect
- How We Protect Your Information
- Third-Party Links
- User Content
- Fair Information Practices Compliance
- Access to Your Personal Information
- Do Not Track Signals and Minors
- Contact Us
- Changes to This Policy
We may revise and change this policy and the ways in which we collect, use and disclose personal information. Please check back here frequently to review the latest version of this policy.
What Information We Collect About You
The information we may collect is described in this Section, and includes data related to account registration, orders and security, such as your first name, last name, email address, and physical address, as well as information you enter voluntarily into the Service, such as your company name, telephone number, occupation, gender, and birthdate (collectively, the “Personal Information”).
We may collect Personal Information directly from you, from third parties, or automatically through your use of the Service. The manner in which we collect your Personal Information is more fully discussed, below.
Information We Collect Directly.
- If You wish to use the Service, we require You to provide us with Your first and last name and Your email address, and country.
- You may elect to provide information regarding Your physical address, additional email addresses, telephone number, occupation, and company name.
- If You order any SmartBee Products from us, We require You to provide us with necessary transaction information, such as your ship-to address and payment information.
- Should You choose to directly contact us, we will collect Your name and any contact information You may provide us with, such as your email address, telephone number or mailing address.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect analytic information related to how users use the Site on an aggregate and anonymous basis. We may use Google Analytics to collect this information.
Information We Collect Passively.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we gather about you for any or all of the following reasons:
- To personalize and customize the Service to better suit your preferences, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise improve your experiences with the Service.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. We may collect Personal Information about You to send you special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact You about products or information we think may be of interest. You may opt out of these offers and promotions by emailing us at email@example.com.
- To improve the Service and the SmartBee Products.
How We Share Your Information
We pride ourselves on honesty and transparency. We may disclose the Personal Information that it collects in the ways described above, and to comply with the law, and to protect us and other users of the Service. For example, we may share information with:
- Third-Party Providers. To help run the Service, we may disclose the Personal Information we collect from You to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents.
- Business Mergers. If we are bought out by or merged with another company, or we are involved in a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the Personal Information we have collected from You to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the Personal Information we collect from You in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We reserve the right to share aggregate or de-identified information about its users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, product development or similar purposes.
How We Protect Your Information
We want to make sure that Your Personal Information is properly protected. Our App and Site are scanned and tested on a regular basis for security breaches and known vulnerabilities. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information You supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We also implement a variety of security measures when You place an order, enter, submit, or access your Personal Information to maintain the safety of this information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity via unauthorized password activity.
Fair Information Practices Compliance
We will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
Access to Your Personal Information
You may modify the Personal Information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. You may also change your Personal Information by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 888-936-9277, or by sending us a help ticket from www.smartbeecontrollers.com/support.
Do Not Track Signals and Minors
We respond to Do Not Track Signals. If you have questions regarding our policy, please contact us at the email address or phone number listed below.
The Service, Site and App are for those over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. The Service, Site, App and their respective features are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If You believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the email address, below.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Service, Site and App, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at
SmartBee Technology, Inc.
3460 Marron Road
Suite 103-112 Oceanside, CA 92056
Changes to This Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy at www.smartbeecontrollers.com/privacy-policy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the Personal Information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on www.smartbeecontrollers.com/privacy-policy.